Looking for home remedies to treat acne? Check the cheap and best remedies here that will fight acne and pimples naturally without any side effects.
What are the causes of acne?
Acne can affect anyone irrespective of age and gender. Usually, teenagers have to deal with many acne-related problems because of their increased hormone levels.
Even sleep deprivation, too much stress, poor lifestyle etc. are few of the reasons that trigger acne. There is no definitive cure for acne but you can manage to cure existing acne and slow down its recurrence using common ingredients. Just raid your kitchen and refrigerator!!! Also, they are available at an economical price without burning a hole in your pocket.
Another advantage of using home remedies is you know they won’t trigger any allergic reactions, unlike chemicals.
Here are few of the top 10 home remedies to fight acne.
1. Baking Soda for acne
Baking soda or better known as sodium bicarbonate is an excellent exfoliant. It unclogs the skin pores and assists your skin to breathe efficiently.
It will also regulate the pH balance of the skin. The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties soothe any inflammation of acne and make it an excellent home remedy for clearing out any acne.
- Take 1-2 tsp baking soda.
- Add little water to the baking soda.
- Apply it to your acne.
- Leave it on for few minutes.
- Rinse it off using cold water.
Repeat this process 1-2 times in a week. Do not overdo this remedy.
- Take two tbsp of baking soda, 1 tsp of cinnamon powder, juice of half a lemon, and 5 tbsp of honey.
- Apply it on your face.
- Wash after five minutes.
Follow this remedy 1-2x a week.
2. Oatmeal and Honey Homemade Mask for Acne
Oatmeal is an excellent remedy to fight acne because it penetrates deep down to the skin pores and gets rid of dirt, grime and other residents easily. An excellent exfoliator, oatmeal is a must-try if you want to fight acne.
- Take 1 tsp of honey, juice of half a lemon and mix it with a cup of cooked oatmeal.
- Rub this mix on your skin.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
Follow this process 1-2x a week.
3. Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth for Acne
Get rid of stubborn pimples and acne with this excellent absorbent called Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth). It is a fantastic product that is good for grease and acne. It absorbs all the excess oil from the skin without drying the skin. Fuller’s Earth is known for its exfoliant nature. They unclog the pores and encourage the skin to breathe much freely.
- Take equal amount of Multani Mitti, Rosewater, and Sandalwood powder. You can add more rose water which will give the better consistency of the paste.
- Apply this pack to your face.
- Leave it on your face till it dries.
- Rinse it with water.
Repeat the process once a week.
4. Lemon Juice for acne, pimples, and breakouts
Lemon is known for its astringent and acidic behavior. This is very much useful in treating acne. For starters, lemon will get rid of dirt, dust, and other sediments efficiently. You can use it every day but if you feel the skin is getting too dry, use only once or twice a week.
- Take a slice of lemon and rub on the affected area.
- Do not rinse your face.
- Leave it for a few hours before you wash your face.
- You can also mix lemon juice with rose water in equal amounts. Use this formula to wash the acne area.
5. Toothpaste for acne
Thinking how to cure acne naturally in 3 days? One of the quickest and faster ways to clear up acne is by using your regular toothpaste. That’s right. It is one of the easiest home remedies for acne.
- Take a small amount of white toothpaste.
- Apply to the affected area before going to bed.
- Wake up the next day and notice how the swelling of acne has reduced.
Within a couple of days, you will notice a dramatic improvement in your acne. That’s the power of toothpaste.
6. Tea tree oil for acne and pimples
Just like diamonds can cut diamonds, oil has the power to fight excess oil on the skin that causes acne and other breakouts. Such cleansing oil for treating acne is Tea tree oil. This natural oil has many antiseptic and disinfectant that clears up all the bad contaminants from the skin.
- Take a drop of tea tree oil.
- Apply it to the affected area three times a day.
If the application of undiluted tea tree oil causes any skin irritation or redness, mix tea tree oil with water and dilute it. Then apply it on your skin.
7. Orange Peel for acne
Just like lemon, orange is known for the presence of Vitamin C. It makes a perfect remedy for acne. While you can use both the orange and its peel, the peel is much more effective.
- Keep orange peel under the sun.
- Let it completely dry out.
- Grind them into a powder.
- Add little water to make it a paste.
- Apply this paste to the affected area.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water.
8. Aloe vera Gel for acne
Aloe vera is one of the best home remedies for treating acne scars, pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. Be it any breakouts, Aloe vera is a sole remedy. It is very much helpful in healing any scars due to acne.
You can either buy ready-to-use aloe vera gel or make aloe vera gel by cutting the leaf from the plant and taking out its gel from the middle.
Apply the aloe vera gel to the affected area twice a day.
9. Fenugreek leaves for acne
A powerful food that is known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiseptic properties, fenugreek is an excellent herb that will undoubtedly work for those with acne.
- Take few fresh fenugreek leaves with water.
- Grind it to a fine paste.
- Apply this to the affected area.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water.
Repeat the process 3-4 days and allow the acne to heal.
Alternatively, you can –
- Grind one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to a fine powder.
- Add little warm water to make it into a fine paste.
- Apply it to the affected area.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes or overnight.
- Rinse it off with water.
Follow this remedy 2-3 times a week. This is one of those acne remedies that can be left overnight without any fear of allergic reactions.
10. Neem leaves or Indian Lilac for acne
Neem for acne is one of the oldest remedies that delivers sure-shot results. Neem or Indian lilac is also used to treat various skin problems. It is known for its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties which kill the bacteria that trigger acne and pimples. Neem can also soothe any redness or inflammation on the skin such as breakouts.
- Take few Neem leaves, little water and grind to make a fine paste.
- Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder to this paste.
- Apply it to the affected area.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
Repeat this process twice a week.
If you are unable to find neem leaves, you can apply neem oil. Apply it to the affected area few times a day till you notice any improvement.
Commonly Asked Questions
1. How to cure pimples in one day?
You can try rubbing ice cubes on the affected area. Toothpaste is also an excellent remedy that can work quickly. However, it basically depends on the severity of acne and pimples and how your body works.
2. Are there any home remedies for pimples and blackheads for oily skin?
You can try the above remedies. They are suitable for all skin types and work effectively. Also, try to maintain a healthy diet to prevent recurrence.
Like or Love this article? Share!!! Do you have any additional tips for us? Which home remedy works for you? Share your experience with us.