PGS Grills are the BBQ grills brand from AEI Corporation. The GS grills are mostly gas grills that use propane or natural gas as the fuel source. PGS grills offer the residential and commercial varieties with the BBQ grills. They have a complete range of grills in both categories. They have 3 different types of grills- Legacy series has the stainless steel grills, A-series are aluminum makes, and the T-series is the complete range of commercial gas grills. These grills are high performing, durable, and are flexible with the use. The PGS gas grills look elegant, no matter which series they belong to.
- PGS Gas Grills- Legacy series
The Legacy series PGS gas grills are mainly residential grills. They have an output in the range of 45,000-102,000 BTUs. These are high power grills made in stainless steel and with an optional rotisserie in most models. The ceramic rocks used in the grill provide equal heat distribution. These gas grills are working on either natural gas or propane. Each model is specific to a certain gas type. Some gas grills are available in both versions.
You can see 3 varieties of the PBS Legacy gas grills- PGS Legacy Pacifica, PGS Legacy Newport, and PGS Legacy Big Sur. There are a total of 11 models in the Legacy series.
- PGS Legacy Pacifica
IN general, the PGS Legacy Pacifica gas grills are all 39 inches wide with an available cooking area of 720 sq inches inside the main grilling area with an additional 260 sq inches from the secondary area. The whole grill is made of stainless steel. The fuel type could be propane or natural gas depending on the model.
There are 3 burners in each model with the output being 75,000 from the main burner. You will be getting an infrared burner with these models. The rear burner is ceramic type. The grill dimensions would be 36 x20 inches for the cooking grid. The overall cooking surface adds up to 980 sq inches to accommodate as many as 28 burgers at a time.
The ignition type is continuous spark. The thermometer is provided on the side near the cooking grid that provides accurate temperature reading. The thermometer is analog type. There are no grill lights otherwise specified.
There are 2 built-in models and 3 freestanding models. It is the natural gas option that prevails in this PGS Legacy Pacifica series with 3 out of 5 gas grills using it as the fuel source. The PGS Legacy Pacifica gas grills are,
- PGS Legacy Pacifica 39-inch built-in propane gas grill: This is a simple model with all the features specific to this series. There is the rear infrared burner but there is no rotisserie with this. The cutout measurements should be 36 ½ x 23 x 9 ½ inches in width, depth, and height. This gas grill weighs 161 pounds.
- PGS Legacy Pacifica Gourmet 39-inch built-in natural gas grill with rotisserie: This is an advanced model with the addition of a rotisserie unit with an additional 14,000 BTUs to the already 75,000 BTUs. The cutout measurements are the same as the propane variety. The weight of this gas grill is 172 pounds.
- PGS Legacy Pacifica Gourmet 39-inch freestanding natural gas grill with rotisserie: The main grilling area is standard with the Legacy Pacifica series. The major feature is the addition of the rotisserie unit. The grill stands on a cabinet and cart. There also are 2 side shelves to use for food prep or for keeping anything. These shelves are foldable. The cabinet underneath has 2 doors. The unit is portable and has 4 swivel casters. The dimensions are 12 ½ x 39 ½ x 26 inches in height, width, and depth. It weighs 260 pounds.
- PGS Legacy Pacifica 39-inch freestanding natural gas grill: This variety of gas grill has no rotisserie unit. All the other features from top to bottom are the same as the other freestanding natural gas grill in this series. Without a rotisserie unit, this gas grill weighs only 249 pounds.
- PGS Legacy Pacifica 39-inch freestanding propane gas grill is the same as the natural gas grill of the same specification. Only here, the fuel type is propane and comes with a compatible hose/regulator. The dimensions, weight, specifications, and the cabinet features are all the same with the natural gas model gas grill.
- PGS Legacy Newport
The PGS Legacy Newport gas grills are all 2 burner BBQ grills. They have a total cooking space of 540 sq inches in the main cooking area and 200 sq inches in the secondary area. The total area can have 20 burgers on them.
The gas grills are available with infrared burners. The output from the 2 burners is 50,000 BTUs and 14,000 BTUs from the rotisserie unit, if applicable. The ignition type is continuous spark with flash tubes. All gas grills here are for residential use only. You can find 3 freestanding grills and one built-in model in this Newport series.
- PGS Legacy Newport Gourmet 30-inch freestanding natural gas grill with rotisserie is an all stainless steel gas grill. The grill stands on a movable cart with 4 swivel casters. The grill has 2 main burners, a warming rack, and a rotisserie unit. The dimensions are, 27 x 20 inches for the cooking grid, and 12 ½ x 31 x 26 inches in the size with respect to height, width, and depth. This freestanding grill has 2 foldable side shelves and a double access cabinet. The weight of this grill is 213 pounds. The fuel source here is natural gas ad compatible regulator is provided.
- PGS Legacy Newport 30-inch Freestanding Natural gas grill is the base model type with no rotisserie unit but having 2 burners and a secondary burner. This freestanding gas grill has 2 side shelves that can be folded when not in use and move on 4 swivel casters. The grilling area and the output are the same as the propane gas grill with rotisserie. The size of this gas grill is 12 ½ x 31 x 26 inches with a weight of 206 pounds.
- PGS Legacy Newport Gourmet 30-inch built-in propane gas grill with rotisserie: This is a built-in variety working on propane gas and having a rotisserie unit with it. The cooking space has 2 main burners, a warming rack, and a rotisserie unit. The output would be 50,000 BTUs and the ceramic infrared back burner provides 14,000 BTUs. The rotisserie rod can carry a weight of up to 15 lbs. The gas grill dimensions are 12 ½ x 31 x 26 inches with a weight of 136 pounds. The cutout measurements are 28 x 23 x 9 ½ inches for width, depth, and height.
- PGS Legacy Newport 30-inch built-in propane gas grill: This is the same as the Gourmet 30-inch propane gas grill. You don’t get a rotisserie with this model is the only difference. You will get the main and secondary burners. The gas regulator provided has a 16-inch long hose. The dimensions are 12 ½ x 31 x 26 inches with a weight of 129 pounds. The cutout should be done in 28 x 23 x 9 ½ inches.
- PGS Legacy Big Sur
The PGS Legacy Big Sur series has the 2 largest gas grills of the PGS Legacy series. The 2 available models are 51 inches wide having 4 burners each. In addition to the 4 burners, these PGS gas grills have the secondary burner in the form of an infrared warming rack and a rotisserie unit. It’s a complete package of BBQ gas grill.
The main cooking area is 48 x 20 inches at 960 sq inches. The secondary cooking area is 336 sq inches adding up to the total of 1296 sq inches, which is quite huge. You can have 40 burgers on them. These models of the PGS gas grills are suitable for the larger families and those who entertain a larger crowd.
Each of the main burners gets you 25,000 BTUs for a total of 100,000 BTUs. These burners are ignited by continuous spark. The rotisserie unit provides 14,000 BTUs.
These PGS Legacy Big Sur gas grills are of 2 models, one is built-in, and the other is freestanding.
- PGS Legacy Big Sur 51-inch built-in propane gas grill with rotisserie: There are 4 burners, a rotisserie, and a warming rack. The built-in version weighs 230 pounds and a size of 12 ½ x 52 x 26 inches. The cut out dimensions should be 49 x 23 x 9 ½ inches. The propane gas regulator and hose are included with it.
- PGS Legacy Big Sur 51-inch freestanding propane gas grill with rotisserie: The freestanding model has the side shelves that can be folded. There are is storage space under the grill. Directly in the center, you have 2 drawers and the 2 cabinets are on either side of the drawers. The dimensions are 12 ½ x 52 x 26 inches and weighs 321 pounds.
2. PGS A-Series
The PGS gas grills in the A-series are free-standing grills made of heavy-duty cast aluminum that has better resistance to the weather. These gas grills stand on either the black patio base or on the stainless steel cart with wheels.
The black patio base is made of powder coated aluminum. The stainless steel has 2 rubber wheels and 2 casters for their mobility. There are 2 sizes- A-30 and A-40. The former has a single burner while the latter is larger with 2 burners. They have one and 2 side shelves respectively. Let’s see their other features.
- PGS A30 Cast Aluminum freestanding natural gas grill on black patio base: This is an immovable gas grill standing on the black colored patio base. The gas grill has a single burner with an output of 30,000 BTUs. The burner is dual control and in H-shape. The total cooking space is 330 sq inches and a 121- sq inch warming rack inside the grill. There are a single side shelf and a hood with a handle on the side. The fuel used here is natural gas. The grill weighs about 85 pounds.
- PGS A30 Cast Aluminum freestanding propane gas grill on stainless steel portable pedestal base: This is a propane-fueled freestanding gas grill that stands on a portable base. The steel base has 2 large wheels on the left side and 2 swivel casters on the right-hand side. The single side shelf is on the right side of the gas grill. This single burner gas grill has a total area of 451 sq inches or 12 burgers large. The overall weight of this gas grills us 94 pounds.
- PGS A40 Cast Aluminum freestanding propane gas grill on stainless steel portable pedestal base: The PGS A40 is the larger in this series with 2 burners. The basic features include the 2 burners with 20,000 BTUs each. There is a secondary grill as well. The total area inside for cooking would be 612 sq inches (434 +178). You can place 15 burgers on the cooking space. The fuel source is propane gas and the whole unit stands on the portable stainless steel pedestal base. There are side shelves on both sides. There are 2 sets of wheels. This gas grill weighs 105 pounds.
- PGS A40 Cast aluminum freestanding propane gas grill on black patio base: This natural gas grill is placed on the flat-surfaced patio base. The 2 burners and the secondary grill provide a larger cooking space of 612 sq inches. This is an entry-level BBQ grill with 2 side shelves. The natural gas regulator is provided. The unit weighs 95 pounds in total.
- PGS T-Series
The PGS T-series has the commercial gas grills with more sophisticated features for easy and faster cooking. There are mainly 4 varieties of gas grills in this category- A30, A40, PGS T-series 30-inch gas grills and the 39-inch gas grills. The latter 2 varieties are available as freestanding or in built-in models. They are also coming with a gas timer for the controlled use of the fuel.
- PGS T-series T30 Commercial cast aluminum freestanding propane gas grill with timer on Bolt-down patio post.
This model of PGS gas grill has a single burner with 30,000 BTUs output. The cooking space is 330 sq inches from the 20 5/8 x 16 inches of the cooking grid.
It is made of heavy-duty cast aluminum. The timer provided controls the fuel flow and shuts off the supply after one hour. This helps in leaving the unit on for extended period and staying safe as well.
The ignition is done with continuous spark powered by batteries. You will get a single shelf on one side of the grill. The grill stands on the 24 inch black post and a bolt-down patio base. This model has no casters for movement.
- PGS Tseries T40 commercial Cast aluminum freestanding propane gas with timer on black patio base
This PGS T-series gas grill is larger in size and having a higher output burner. This has a single burner with 40,000 BTUs output and having an h-burner. The total space available for cooking is 434 sq inches. There are 2 stainless steel side shelves and a built-in fuelstop gas flow timer. The gas flow cuts off in one hour.
There are no rear burners or side burners. The unit stands on the black powder-coated aluminum pedestal and a similar flat patio base. This model is immovable as it has no casters.
- PGS T-series commercial 30-inch built-in natural gas grill with timer
This is an all-stainless steel gas grill with uniform heat distribution. This is a premium gas grill that has 2 burners with 25,000 BTUs output each. The total cooking space is 540 sq inches with the 27 x 20 inches. The dimensions are 23 7/16 x 30 1/16 x 27 1/16 inches in height, width and depth respectively. The cutout measurements should be 28 x 23 x 9 ½ inches for width, depth, and height. The fuel type is natural gas. The compatible hose and regulator are included with the unit.
- PGS T-series Commercial 30-inch freestanding natural gas grill on pedestal with timer- S27TNG
This stainless steel 30-inch gas grill is freestanding on the steel base/pedestal. It comes with the trademark fuelstop timer and an analog thermometer on the side of the hood.
There are 2 burners with 25,000 BTUs each. The total cooking space is 540 sq inches so that you can place 20 burgers if you want. There are no other burners with this but the ceramic plates provide the even heat from the infrared effect.
There are 2 side shelves made of stainless steel and the unit has a steel pedestal but no casters.
The dimensions are 47 7/16 x 58 x 27 1/16 inches in height, width, and depth.
- PGS T-series Commercial 39-inch freestanding propane gas grill with timer
The freestanding variety of the 39-inch T-series PGS gas grill uses propane gas. There are 2 side shelves and a larger cooking space. The available cooking space is 36 x 20 inches or 720 sq inches. The area allows 28 burgers.
There are 3 burners with a power of 25,000 BTUs each. The ceramic flame tamer controls the heat distribution and make it even.
The fuel choice here is propane gas and the hose/regulator are provided. The dimensions are 47 7/16 x 67 x 27 1/16 inches in height, width, and depth.
The unit stands on casters and has a storage facility with 2 doors.
- PGS T-series Commercial 39-inch Built-in natural gas grill with timer- S36TNG
This is the same model as the freestanding. The differences are in the fuel type-it is natural gas here with the compatible regulator provided. The second difference is that this is a built-in type. The third difference is that there are no side shelves or the storage underneath.
The dimensions are 23 7/16 x 39 3/16 x 27 1/16 inches in height, width and depth. The cut out measurements should be 36 ½ inches in width, 23 inches deep and 9 ½ inches high.
With an output of 75,000 BTUs, this makes a premium gas grill in stainless steel make.
Buy PGS gas grills
PGS gas grills can be bought online from various BBQ stores. You can get it from the popular store BBQGuys. The products are available with free shipping and the shipments happen from the warehouses within 24-48 hours of ordering.
These gas grills are expensive. You can either opt for the onetime payment or get with the easy monthly installments.
All the PGS gas grills have 1-year parts replacement warranty.
The PGS gas grills are the most sophisticated and well-constructed entry-level and mid-range BBQ grills. They may not come with the flashy features that you may find in other brands but definitely have durability and class to its features. The warranty for the parts adds to their grace and makes it easier for the users. You can check for the nearby dealers from their site.