Now that you have a brand new kitchen the job is not done yet. There still are some minor details that you need to check into. It is these particulars that give the final look of the kitchen that you have newly made or freshly renovated.
The kitchen is not about the cabinets, island, sink, faucets, oven, etc. They all are just the basics. It is the minor details that make a built kitchen into an inviting space to cook, dine and have some good time spend over. Let’s jump up to those fine points.
- Worktop: The worktop is already with the chosen granite or the wooden panel. Don’t you think it is bland without anything to keep on it? Yes, you need to place some vases or any attractive pieces that will add some interest to the area. it is also part of the texture and suits well for a rather large worktop. These items would also reduce the shine if the granite is too glossy. You want the kitchen to sparkle alright but you also want it to look that it belongs to you personally!
- Appliances: Simply having the appliances over the counter will not do. You need to place then aesthetically. Plan the placement at the beginning itself so that it can give the final look. the said appliances should also be matching to the color chosen. Crowding the appliances to one area is not a good idea unless it is an appliance station. In that case, flaunt them beautifully.
- Sparkles in the kitchen are the responsibility of the lighting. The trick is to have the lighting at the right areas that can provide the light when needed and also in those areas that are not used frequently but you want to sparkle at night. A light inside the display cabin with a glass door is one such. Having a small slit on the cabinet door of the shelf that has the lighting can add character to the kitchen.
- Color accenting: The color that you chose is well enough. A monochromatic kitchen can also flaunt a few other colors in its utensils, dishes, curtains etc. These are the items that you can change regularly giving a different look for each season. Bright colors in summer and cozy dark colors in winter is not so tough to bring.
- Placing your collectibles is also part of the final touches to the kitchen. There will be many items that you no longer use or use very less frequently. Have them placed in different ways that complement the kitchen, the non used items could also be turned to useful décor pieces. They look good over the open shelves, over the island, or even under the shelves.
- The minor details like the kitchen towel, tea tray lining, cooking book arrangement, etc might be of less important but they can also contribute to the kitchen for what it really is. Arrange the books in the best manner. You could even have them covered in the matching paper of cloth.
The finishing touches are everything that you might be doing at the last minute or for the coming days or weeks until you are satisfied. The cabinets and other major are just the skeletons of the kitchen; the real life is in these minor details and accenting.
10 Different Basic Styles of Kitchen Faucets
Kitchen faucets come in amazingly different types. People who look for variety in kitchen buy the faucets that they feel is bets looking. Not many do pay attention to the real style of kitchen faucet. The style has a bigger role depending on the usage and of course the kitchen style. The basic styles of kitchen faucets are here.
- Basin taps are the oldest model of kitchen faucets. They are mostly used in older model sinks. The style is to have individual smaller taps on the basin or sink. Each of the taps has cold or hot water coming out of it. People who love to keep their old sinks use this kind of faucets. The control of these taps and the short spout are one single unit. Different styles, models, and colors are available with this type of kitchen faucets.
- Cold or hot water dispensers are basically the curved spout with its handle at the base. Here individual faucets are used for cold water and hot water. They are either fixed single or adjacent to each other. These faucets could be used only for the specified temperature of the water. The cold water faucets may not tolerate the hot water through it and could be damaged. These faucets normally require only one hole in the sink as they are used as a single faucet. Coldwater dispenser faucet is usually used to wash the fruits and vegetables while the hot water faucet us widely used to get instant hot water for tea, coffee, or other needs.
- Double handle kitchen faucet- centerset and widespread: The center set faucet is fixed at the center and needs three holes to install. The spout would be at the centre with the two handles on either side. There would also be an additional spray handle which can be pulled out. The widespread model would also have the same number of holes that would be fixed wider. The basic parts are the same.
- Double handle single spout faucet: This style of kitchen faucet is a single unit with a long curved spout with two handles foxed on either side. The hot and cold water would both run through the same spout. It needs a single hole to install.
- Kitchen faucets with side spray: This style of kitchen faucets usually has the spout, handle as separate units in individual holes on the sink. In addition to these, there would also be spray handles that can be pulled out from its resting place. Here the sink needs three separate holes for each piece. The spout may be longer or shorter.
- Kitchen faucets with water filters: This style of kitchen faucets suits well for the areas where the water is not so pure. The filter is attached to the faucet but underneath the sink. The water comes out of it would be the same as other filtering units. The handle is attached to the spout and is a single unit.
- Pot filler faucets: The pot fillers are used to fill a large pot and is usually fixed on the wall near the kitchen hob. This faucet is foldable to stay parallel to the wall and out of the way. It can be unfolded and reaches all the stoves conveniently.
- Pull down and pull out faucets are the most popular style of kitchen faucets. They ease usage and purpose. The pull-down faucets have a removable or pull-down nozzle. It can be pulled down into the sink and is widely used for washing the vegetables and fruits. The nozzle would automatically retreat when released. The pull out kitchen faucets has a longer hose inside the faucet. The nozzle will also have different options for the water spray. The hose would also have better accessibility than the pull-down nozzle.
- Single handle single spout kitchen faucet requires only one hole to install it. Here the spout and handles make a single unit. The handle could be turned on to either side to control the water temperature. Towards one side it would allow cold water to run through and to the other, hot water. The spout is usually long and curved.
- Wall-mounted kitchen faucet: As the name suggests it is wall-mounted and would need the necessary plumbing work done on the wall. It saves space in the sink and makes it easier to clean the counter. This faucet unit will have two handles on either side with the spout at the center. The handles usually need separate holes while fixing, so plan the plumbing accordingly. The wall-mounted kitchen faucet is usually done for the newly renovated kitchens.