This article is supported by our readers. We earn a commission through links with no extra cost to you.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, more than 47 million men are victims of hereditary hair loss. Hair loss, thin hair, and many other hair problems prevail in women as well. Previously many people used drugs and medication for these problems but dermatologists argue that the drugs are not appropriate for all as they may cause side effects. So a new laser hair growth therapy treatment was introduced for baldness and hair loss. In this article, I will be discussing details about the two major Laser Hair Growth products – iGrow Laser Hair Growth System and HairMax LaserBand.
iGrow Laser Hair Growth System
- Product Description – The iGrow Laser Hair Growth System is a patented, hands-free, convenient, and private in-home hair growth system providing full scalp coverage. It is fully portable, easy to use, and requires no manual movement. iGrow is integrated with Apira Sciences proprietary dual light laser and LED design. It is equipped with headphones and an iPod/MP3 interface. The iGrow is a convenient and highly effective Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) that delivers significant hair growth for men suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia (genetic-based hair thinning/loss).
- Technology – Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) used in the iGrow Laser Hair Growth System is a highly effective hair growth treatment process. It increases cellular activity within the hair and promotes the proliferation of thick, full, and healthy hair. LLLT is a therapy that utilizes laser or light energy below a specific energy threshold and within a specific wavelength. The light sources used for LLLT may include laser and LED devices. Laser devices used for LLLT are also called cold lasers. LLLT devices produce no heat, are safe, and cannot burn or injure the skin.
- Features – iGrow Laser Hair Growth System grows hair safely and effectively while optimally covering the scalp. This hands-free device houses 51 laser + LED light sources. It offers in-home convenience and is fully automated – Just place the iGrow on your head, select one of 5 pre-programmed sessions and then sit back and relax. It features iPod/ MP3 interface and has touch-screen controls. This fully adjustable product includes iGrow remote control, universal ac adapters, auxiliary cable (for use w/mp3 player or other media), user manual, and remote control cable. It also features 4 adjustable fit columns with rotating weight distribution for optimum comfort during treatment. Headphones extend and retract to custom fit any head size. It comes with 1-Year Warranty. The cost of iGrow Laser Hair Growth System is under $700.
- How iGrow Laser Hair Growth System Work? – iGrow proprietary Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) technology utilizes a highly effective combination of red laser and LED light diodes. The combination of laser and LED lights stimulate and energize cellular activity causing an uptake in the natural function of the hair follicle. Follow this 4 to 6-month process to treat hair thinning and loss, by effectively growing new healthy hair that is thicker, fuller, and more vibrant. The iGrow is a revolutionary in-home hair growth system that works by providing full scalp coverage. Moreover, it is a clinically proven, safe, and effective device that will actually work and offer effective results.
- Side effects – There are no negative side effects shown while testing and user testimonials when using the iGrow with LLLT for hair growth. It uses only low-energy laser and LED light. Clinical studies have shown that Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) is safe and has been used for decades in hair restoration clinics. Also, rest assures that the iGrow non-invasive laser technology is perfectly safe to use. The iGrow is effective as well as a safe treatment for hair loss in most women, or for thinning hair in women.
- iGrow V/s HairMax Laser Comb – iGrow is hands-free, easy to use, automated and it provides full scalp coverage. When compared iGrow to a moving laser comb, comb needs manual movement – every 4 seconds for 20 minutes. The iGrow has more light energy and provides the most consistent scalp coverage necessary for great results.
- Customer Reviews – There are many positive customer reviews about iGrow. It has received 3.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Most of the users stated that the product worked as advertised and is easy to use. This effective product is priced right and had exceeded the expectations of many users. However, there are few negative feedback about this product as well. For some people, the product didn’t do any good and they stated it as just a waste of money. Some rare cases of side effects like headaches have also been reported after using this. Here are few customer testimonies –
- Positive Customer Review by Amazon Customer – I’ve had this laser for 4 years and I can say without a doubt that it has positively saved my head of hair. I’m 44 and my hair has been thinning since I was 16. I have female pattern baldness in my family so I knew a bald head was in my future. I had tried everything to stop this inevitable fate but NOTHING HAS SAVED the hair I have left more than this laser. I highly recommend it.
- Negative Customer Review by C Montrief – Tried this every other day for 4 months and saw no change. Also, about half the times I used it, the lights and sound gave me a headache. I am susceptible to headaches but didn’t anticipate this problem.
- Product Description – Stimulating hair growth has never been easier, faster, or more sophisticated, with the newest innovation in hair growth, the HairMax LaserBand 82. This new improved hands-free laser medical device delivers nourishing laser light to energize and revitalize your hair follicles and re-grow your hair. HairMax LaserBand is a game-changer in the hair loss industry which is useful to thickening of hair diameter, enhanced hair strength, increases density & fullness, a reversal of thinning & fine hair, revitalizes damaged hair and support new hair growth.
- Technology – The HairMax LaserBand provides the equivalent of 246 (82×3) lasers per treatment session, when used in three areas on the scalp i.e. front, middle, and back. HairMax laser devices including LaserBand are the most clinically proven laser devices for hair growth on the market. Moreover, it has 7 FDA Clearances, more than any other device on the market.
- Features – The unique new cradle HairMax LaserBand design incorporates 82 medical-grade lasers and patented hair parting teeth, which parts your hair during treatment for maximum laser light delivery to your follicles to achieve optimal results. The treatment takes as little as 90 seconds, the fastest laser treatment for hair loss available. It is designed by iconic Italian designer Pininfarina. This product is FDA Cleared for use by both men & women. This clinically tested and doctor recommended product is widely accepted and to date, HairMax has sold close to 1 million laser devices worldwide. It includes a rechargeable battery, power cord, user manual, and quick start guide. It is backed by a 5-month money-back guarantee and 2-year warranty. The cost of the HairMax LaserBand is under $800.
- How HairMax LaserBand Works? – HairMax LaserBand works through a process known as Photo-Biostimulation which is similar to photosynthesis which causes plant growth. HairMax Laser devices utilize Laser Phototherapy, which delivers visible light in the red spectrum. HairMax delivers this therapeutic, nourishing light energy to your hair follicles to stimulate growth factors and extend the growth phase of hair. Moreover, it also helps restore a healthy hair growth cycle resulting in new hair growth with increased density, fullness, and vibrancy.
- Side effects – HairMax LaserBand laser treatments have been proven safe and effective In 7 clinical studies. There are no harmful side effects ever been reported after using LaserBand. The HairMax laser devices do not damage to your hair in any way. There have never been any reports of harmful side effects or damage to hair follicles. These devices merely provide energy to the hair follicle to stimulate hair production.
- HairMax V/s other Laser Devices – HairMax LaserBand has been designed to offer comfort and convenience in mind. It should be used just 3 times per week or every alternate day. HairMax LaserBand provides the fastest treatment time compared to any other home-use laser product on the market. In as little as 90 seconds you can treat your hair loss and other hair concerns with LaserBand.
- Customer Reviews – There are positive customer feedback for HairMax LaserBand 82 product. However, one customer found it to be pricy but it is worth spending a little extra money on the result it offers. Here are a few Positive Customer Review –
- Anniemick – ” I bought this as a Christmas gift to me. I previously used the Laser Comb but found it took too long (even the 8 min version) to use as faithfully as I should. enter the LaserBand. This only takes 90 seconds and is less time than you’d expect. The results are phenomenal. Note-I use the other HairMax products: shampoo & conditioner; activator; Minoxidil 2%. “
- Sunsuki – ” Very pricey.. however for the short amount of time x3 week you will use it. There is NO excuse not to. I have new growth all along my hair line where it was thinning before!!!”
iGrow Laser Hair Growth System and HairMax LaserBand 82 both products had worked wonderfully for number of people. These products are both effective and worth a try as they are backed by money back guarantee. So check out their individual details and select the one that best suit your needs.
« iRestore Vs iGrow Hair Growth Treatment Reviews Buy Warticide – Reviews, Wart Remover Walmart »