Started as a passion for George Stephen Sr. 60 years ago, today Weber has evolved into a grilling revolution across the world. Sold in more than 72 countries, Weber grills is a household name that many people have fun with and enjoy grilling across the globe. Weber Manufacturing has headquartered in America, with factories in Palatine and Huntley, Illinois. Weber offers grilling options for everyone – a backyard chef, griller-on-the-go, or a beginner. Weber’s product line includes Weber Electric Grills, Weber Gas Grills, Weber Charcoal Grills, and Weber Portable Grills. This article is all about Weber Electric Grills Reviews.
About Weber Electric Barbecue Grills
Weber Electric BBQ Grills makes it easy for you to cook up burgers, chicken, corn and other dishes. Its compact design is an excellent choice for people with limited space. It is also the best option for people who don’t have access to charcoal or propane. Available in two models – Q 2400 and Q 1400
Weber Electric Grill Models
Weber Q 2400 Electric Grill Review
Previously the Weber Q 240 is restyled in 2014 as Weber Q 2400 Electric Grill. This new model is the same great performing unit with sleek styling but adds new aesthetics. It is more functional and fun to use with its larger grip handle, control knobs, ergonomic side handles, sturdy front and rear cradles, and the familiar Weber Q logo embossed on the lid. The new updated model is all set to raise the bar on flavor expectations and performance of an electric grill.
The porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates allow you to sear burgers, steaks and chops or grill chicken, fish, vegetables, and fruit. The authentic grilled taste of foods cooked on this unit will actually amaze you. This fully featured electric grill is space-saving and portable. It is great enough to fit on any patio and serve up to 4 people. It is great for enthusiastic grillers living in condos or residence with restrictions on Gas and charcoal grill usage. This model is for outdoor use only.
This model offers powerful features in a compact and portable electric grill –
- Porcelain-Enameled, Cast-Iron Cooking Grates conduct heat evenly across the grilling surface
- Cast Aluminum Lid and Body are augmented with a nylon frame for durability and transportability.
- Also features Glass-Reinforced Nylon Frame, Removable Catch Pan, and 6-Foot Grounded Cord
- Aluminum Heat Retention Liners prevent heat from escaping
- Grill has infinite heat control settings for cooking at any temperature.
- Spacious 280 sq. in. cooking surface for preparing large or small meals.
- Offers 1560-watt electric heating element to heat 280 square-inch total cooking area
- Fully assembled out of box
- Part #55020001
- Weber Q2400 Electric Grill Best Price $299.00 plus Free Shipping
- Compatible with Weber grill covers #6551, #7111, #7112 when mounted to cart #6525, #6557 and #7113
- Dimensions – Lid Open (Inches): 26″H X 31.5″W X 25.1″D
- Dimensions – Lid Closed (Inches): 14.5″H X 31.5″W X 19.5″D
- Primary Cooking Area (Square Inches): 280
- Total Cooking Area (Square Inches): 280
- Fuel Type: Electric
- Power: 1,560 Watts/120 Volts
- Weber Electric Grill Cooking Times: About 20 minutes
There are many positive reviews for the Weber Electric Grill Q 2400. Many users are happy to own the new upgraded version which has aesthetic features. Most of its users are people living in condos/ apartments or residences having restrictions using charcoal/ gas grills. Almost all users found it is by far the best electric grill, slightly expensive but value for money compared to Charbroil electric grills.
Quality cast iron grates, better heat specs, quality construction, ease of use, warranty, sear factor, easy to clean, and many more features are highly appreciated by users. Some people say it looks almost like a gas grill. It heats up quickly in say 15-20 minutes, better than the Char-Broil grills. This grill is surprisingly effective, exceeds expectations, and works as advertised. However, there are few users who complain about this product. Some say it is pricey compared to other similar products on the market. While few say 20 minutes of heating time on this electric grill means high electricity cost. On the basis of plenty of positive customer reviews, Weber Q 2400 is a highly recommended Electric Grill.
Weber Electric Grill Q 1400 Review
Previously the Weber Q 140 is redesigned in 2014 as Weber Q 1400 Electric Grill. This electric grill makes it easy and convenient option for small families living in restricted spaces/ condos and apartments. It cooks burgers, chicken, corn, and many more dishes for up to 3 people. It has a compact design yet is powerful to perform similarly to charcoal or gas grills. It features a cast aluminum body and lid for strength and durability. This electric cooking grill has an attractive painted finish on the lid. Its many other features are as below.
- Offers 189 square inches of cooking space to create the grilled foods you love
- 1560 watt/120 volt electric heating element heats 189 square-inch of total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grate for even heat distribution
- Infinite heat control allows setting it to the precise temperature for perfectly cooked food using one easy-to-use knob.
- The 6′ grounded cord is long enough to set it up in many different locations.
- The aluminum liner retains heat for more efficient cooking and keeps cooked items warm inside till the table is set.
- The nylon frame and handles feature glass reinforcement stand up to heavy-duty use.
- Cast aluminum lid and body for durability
- Included removable grease catch pan makes clean-up a breeze.
- Portable size is perfect for grilling anywhere
- Quick assembly
- Weber Q1400 Electric Grill Best Price – $249.00
- Compatible with Weber grill covers #6550, #7110, and #7113 when mounted to cart #6557
- Part #52020001
- Dimensions – Lid Open (Inches): 23.5″H X 27″W X 20.5″D
- Dimensions – Lid Closed (Inches): 14.5″H X 27″W X 16.5″D
- Primary Cooking Area (Square Inches): 189
- Total Cooking Area (Square Inches): 189
- Fuel Type: Electric
- Power: 1,560 Watts/120 Volts
- Weber Electric Grill Amps: 15 amps
You will find impressively positive customer reviews for Weber Electric Grill Q 1400. People say it is small yet sturdy and well-made. It is very convenient, easy to use, and efficient. People say it heats up very fast for an electric grill and cooks food evenly with great taste. Users say preheat it for 20 minutes and sears beef or chicken like a pro. Some users are pleased to give up a small gas grill due to fire regulations and replace them with Weber’s electric grill. In addition, people say with electricity there is no worry about running out of propane or messing with charcoal.
However, few users complain that this model broke down soon while they expected it to last longer. Few people complain it is a bit of hassle to maintain and keep it clean. Also, after allowing it to pre-heat for some time the sear marks are not as expected and the flavor is not the same as a normal gas grill.
Weber Electric Grills Manual
Weber Q 2400 Electric Grill Manual and Weber Q 1400 Electric Grill Manual are available on its official website www.weber.com. It includes every single detail about product usage, parts, cautions, warnings, troubleshooting, and more. It is important for users to read this Owner’s Guide before operating the electric grill.
Weber Electric Grill Cart
Weber Q 2400 and Q 1400 Electric Grills may be used on 2014 Weber Q Portable Cart model #6557, #6525 and #7113.
Weber Electric Grill Accessories
- Instant-Read Thermometer
- Premium Tool Set
- Weber Q Grill Light Built for all Q gas grills
- Portable Cart
- Premium Grill Cover
Weber Electric Grills on Sale
Listed Weber Electric Grill Price for Q 2400 is $349 and Q 1400 is $299. Currently, Weber Electric Grills for sale are available on many retail online affiliates like Lowes, Amazon, Home Depot, Wal-Mart and much more. Plus, most of this affiliates offer free shipping with these models. In addition, you can further opt for the protection plan from these sellers at a minimal cost to secure your purchase for more 2, 3 or 4 years. For example, Weber Q 1400 Electric Grill on Amazon comes with 4-Year Protection for $24.89.
Weber Electric Grills Outdoor Warning
This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more details check www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Weber Electric Grill Warranty
- Cook box and Lid assembly – 5 years, no rust through/ burn through (2 years on paint excluding fading or discoloration)
- Stainless steel burner tubes – 5 years, no rust through/burn through
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates – 5 years, no rust through/burn through
- Plastic components – 5 years (excluding fading or discoloration)
- All remaining parts -2 years
Weber Electric Grills FAQs
Q. Can I add side tables to my Electric Q?
A. No, the design of the Electric Q model does not support the inclusion of side tables.
Q. Can Weber Electric Grill Used Indoors?
A. No, these electric grills are only intended for use outdoors. Using them indoors may cause a safety issue.
Q. It’s raining/ snowing, can I use my grill?
A. Though these grills are meant for outdoor use but do not expose them to rain or snow for safety reasons.
Q. Where can I find Weber Electric grill Recipes?
A. These models support almost any electric grill recipes. For beginners, some great electric grilling tips and recipes are available here – http://help.weber.com/assets/pdf/GrillingGuide.pdf
Weber Electric Grills are easy to use, need minimal assembly, great performance, best warranty and are affordable units. If you are living in condos/ apartments or houses with gas/ charcoal restrictions, then electric grills are of great use to enjoy patio BBQ lunch or dinner with family and friends.