Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr super blend air purifier is capable of removing allergens and chemicals from the air. It is more user-specific and can scrub off the difficult chemicals from the air that many other air purifiers are unable to.
This Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr superblend has the unique blend of potassium iodide along with the zeolite in the carbon filter layer. This air purifier serves great for a medium to larger living space. With the compact size and larger work efficacy, Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr superblend air cleaner can make a huge difference in the health condition of anyone who has been suffering from allergies or asthma.
Features of Austin Air HM250 Healthmate plus Jr superblend air purifier
- Size and weight: Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr super blend air purifier is a compact-sized device measuring to 16.5 x 11 x 11 inches in the height, depth, and width. This lightweight air purifier weighs about 18 lbs and is easy to carry from room to room.
- Portability: The Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr stands on 4 legs. There is an option to add casters to make it easier for transportation from one place to another, inside the homes.
- The Make: The Helathmate plus Jr air purifier is made of 24 gauge steel, with the same grade steel with perforations for the exterior. The perforations allow the easy flow of air into the filter. The perforations are seen all around the air purifier, allowing a complete 360 degrees of the air inlet. The exterior of the air purifier has a baked-on powder coat to finish the look.
- Motor: The motor of the Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr air purifier is a permanent split capacitor with continuous high rotations per minute. The motor has a long life with shock-absorbing mounts for extra safety. The motor is approved by CSA and UL.
- Fan: Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr super blend air purifier has a 3-speed fan that circulates the air. The centrifugal fan has low, medium, and high settings. The fan runs at 50 CFM on low speed, 100 CFM at medium, and 200 CFM on high-speed settings.
- Sound: Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr has low noise level ratings. At the low speed, the sound is less than 50 Db and for the medium and high speeds, the readings are 60 and 67 Db respectively.
- Filter: The filter of Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr has 3 main layers. The permafilt pre-filter, activated carbon with potassium iodide and zeolite, and the core True medical-grade HEPA filter. The filter is cylindrical without any edges to give maximum coverage. The HEPA layer has a surface area of 30 sq ft in total for maximum filtering.
- Durability: The Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr air purifier is guaranteed to work for 5 years under normal circumstances. The filter is made for longer use with the regular vacuuming of the filter and pre-filter. The pre-filter can be washed with soap and water and the inner filter may be vacuumed to keep it cleaned.
- Coverage: Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr can cover an area of about 700 sq ft making it fitting for a medium to large room easily. The maximum coverage area is estimated for a room of ceiling height at 8 ft. It makes an ideal air purifier for a large living area or a medium sizes office room.
- Energy efficiency: Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr does not consume high power to work on. The power usage depends on the speed of the fan. At the low speed, the air purifier utilizes 25watts only and that on medium and high will be 41 and 80 watts of power. The air purifier is made to work on a power inlet of 120 V.
- Colors: The Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr air purifier is available in 3 different colors of black, sandstone, and white.
- Warranty: Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr has a 5-year limited warranty on the damaged parts and labor required if or when it is needed.
Health benefits of Austin Air HM250 Healthmate plus Jr
- The main health benefit is the relief from constant allergies that are especially caused by dust mites or other chemicals present in the air. People with high sensitivity to chemicals may find themselves at relief from the problem when the Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr is working. The activated carbon has got additional support from the potassium iodide impregnated in it.
- Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr makes the air asthma safe. It can remove the dust, pollens, and other minute allergens from the breathing air. With fewer allergens, lesser will be the frequency of asthmatic attacks, allowing the person to sleep peacefully without any respiratory disturbances.
- Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr provides relief from dry mouth and runny nose that are caused by the dust and mites.
- The removal of allergens and chemicals will improve the state of the immune system and lessen its burden. The relief from the allergies and asthma gives the immune system to work on strengthening and can lead to better immunity.
- Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr is a perfect air purifier to be used in the salons where the air will have a constant supply of chemicals and vapors from the various creams and lotions. Salons can be allergic to many who are sensitive to chemicals. With the Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr running it will allow chemical sensitive people to visit and work the salons.
Austin Air HM250 Healthmate plus Jr work mechanism
Austin Air HM250 Healthmate plus Jr works with a 4 stage filtration process. There are 4 layers of filters for this air purifier. The air is drawn inside by the powerful fan through all around the air purifier. The purified air is blown out through the top area of the air purifier.
- The primary layer is the perforated steel cover of the air purifier. The larger air particles like dust, hair or the pet dander are caught in this perforated steel cover. This pre filter is operating all around the air purifier for faster and maximum air filtration.
- The air will then enter the permafilter layer where the medium sized air particles that are invisible for naked eye are caught. The different pollens in the air, dust mites, mold, and spores etc are filtered here in this layer of the Austin Air HM250 Healthmate plus Jr.
- The True medical grade HEPA filter will filter almost 99% of the particles that are up to the size of 0.3 microns and about 95% of the other smaller air particles. The bacteria, viruses and other micro organisms are also got rid at this stage of the air purification by the Austin Air HM250 Healthmate plus Jr super blend air purifier.
- The last and final stage of air purification is done by the 6.5 lbs of activated carbon filter that also has the additional help from zeolite and potassium iodide. The activated carbon itself is an adsorbing material where the odor causing chemicals are trapped in the minute perforations on the activated carbon. With the addition of the zeolite and potassium iodide, the adsorption surface is increased many folds for even deeper air filtration and removal of maximum chemicals.
Zeolite is a volcanic mineral that is made of silica and aluminum. This material along with the potassium iodide can catch more chemicals from the air than the zeolite alone. The zeolite makes an excellent adsorption material on which the chemicals attach themselves to. With the potassium iodide impregnated, this efficacy is doubled to give a thorough air scrubbing to result in the purer air quality.
Austin Air HM250 Healthmate plus Jr reviews
« Can You Have High Cholesterol and Be Healthy? 5 Ways To Boost Your Sex Life By Improving The Indoor Air Quality »
- The smoke smell from cigarettes, no matter where the origin is well dealt with by the Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr. According to one customer, where the chain smoker downstairs apartment has been a problem for a while. When he used this air purifier in his bedroom he now can identify the wooden smell o his floor and the smoke smell has completely gone. The child who has congestion due to this cigarette smoke is not breathing well with this Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr.
- The dust mite allergy from the carpet is also relieved with Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr. Mr. Murdock who used this air purifier is more than satisfied with the results with no more allergic reactions and lesser use of antihistamines.
- The low maintenance of the Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr is another attraction of this air purifier. The filter life is 5 years and the advantage of a washable filter is not something we come across often.
- The portability and the better coverage are the other most commented benefit of Austin Air HM250 Healthmate Plus Jr air purifier. The ease to take it along to the room you occupy is made easy with an extra fitting of the casters, which can be added to the cart while purchasing the air purifier.