Airfree Air Sterilizer Onix 3000 uses heat to destroy mold spores, bacteria, fungi, and viruses. This is entirely silent, with no ozone and maintenance-free air sterilizer. Airfree offers three different air sterilizers – Onix 3000, P2000, and P1000. And this article is all about the Airfree Onix 3000 Review.
Airfree Onix 3000 – About
Airfree Onix 3000 is the mold & germ destroying air purifier. It is the filterless air purifier which uses heated air to destroy airborne bacteria, viruses, mold, dust mites, and pollens. Unlike typically available ionic units, it does not produce harmful ozone levels. Ozone generators generate hazardous levels of such harmful gas that damages lung tissue, triggers respiratory diseases, and corrodes metallic equipment. As against this unit reduces existing indoor ozone, which the America Lung Association also indicates to cause some serious respiratory issues and asthma triggers.
It has no filters to replace or clean. This compact cleaner pulls air into the internal chamber which heats to 392F to silently destroy 99.9% of mold, airborne bacteria, viruses, pet dander, and common household dust mites. This air purifier filters the air in a room up to 650 sq. ft. In spite of its high internal heat level, the purifier will not alter the room temperature. For maximum air purification, use it 24-hours a day, daily. Despite all-day use, you will surprise to know that it draws less power than a 60-watt light bulb. It comes with a built-in soothing adjustable night light.
Airfree’s patented ceramic internal core kills 99.99% of all micro-organisms such as spores, fungus, bacteria, virus, mold spores, at temperatures around 400F (250ºC). It works without significantly heating the outside environment. You very well know that no living microorganism can survive this much temperature.
Airfree Onix 3000 – Features
- Extremely Efficient – It efficiently destroys airborne mold spores, bacteria, viruses, dust mite, and other airborne allergens.
- Quick Performance – Just after 15 minutes of Airfree Onix 3000 Air Sterilizer plugged in, the microorganism reduction starts.
- Superior Capacity – This product has amazing 650 sq. ft room coverage.
- Noiseless – It is totally silent air sterilizer. Some air purifiers like HEPA filters operates fans at high speed to reach their highest purification level. But this noise bothers your sleep while there is no sound emission with this product.
- Energy Efficient – This unit comes with extraordinary new technology designed for a 24/7 usage without raising your electricity consumption. This energy efficient device, in fact, costs the same power of a single light bulb: only 52 watts to destroy harmful microorganisms in your home.
- Filter-less Economic – It needs no filters or UV lamps to replace. Other air purifiers’ replacement parts may cost around $200. Hence, use this safe and more economical Airfree Onix 3000.
- Easy to Install & Use – Just place it on the floor and plug it in. No need of continual maintenance or special cleaning
- Ozone Reduction Technology – It help reduces indoor ozone unlike other most air purifiers in the market that generate it. This product is ozone & ion free and has no dangerous emission.
- Safe – There is no need to touch or change dirty contaminated filters. The CE and TUV seals of approval assure electrical safety.
- Durable – This unit has no moving parts, thereby, resulting in practically no wear & tear & durability.
- Clean & Environmental Friendly Technology – This product uses harmless technology for the environment. It has no glass filter fibers, triclosan-coated paper or any other material that can be harmful to the environment when wasted. It uses just heat and no additional V.O.C.’s or ozone generates.
- Exclusive blue dimmer – It has controlled anti-stress light totally adjustable or just switch off. It is great for kid’s rooms – use as a night light or switch off completely.
Airfree Onix 3000 – Features at a Glance
- Removes bacteria, viruses, and micro-organisms
- Maximum coverage: up to 650 sq. ft.
- Destroys 99.99% of all micro-organisms
- Requires no filters
- Incinerator chamber heats to 400°F (204°C)
- Ozone free technology
- No fan and completely silent
- Continuous operation
- Just plug in to turn on
- Includes On/ off LED light
- Adjustable blue anti-stress light
- Auto-shut off protection
- Air intake at bottom, outflow at top
- Moves air through a process of air convection at a rate of 14 m³/hr
- Air cools before exiting unit
- Small & Portable
- Energy efficient and ISO, CE, UL-certified
- Available Colors: Black, Silver or White
- Material: ABS Plastic shell, ceramic core
- Made in Portugal
Airfree Onix 3000 – How It Works?
This unit employs exclusive patented Thermodynamic TSS Technology. It applies the same concept as sterilizing water by boiling it that uses heat to destroy microorganisms and attains 100% efficiency. Similarly, this machine continually draws in air from the room, heats it to over 400°F and instantly sterilizes it. The purified air gets cool inside the device before returning to the room. Thus the external environment room temperature or humidity is not affected.
This unit destroys mold, dust mites, bacteria, viruses, pollens, pet dander, tobacco and other organic allergens. Its entire process is completely silent and requires no maintenance, not even the infrequent replacement of filters. All you have to do is switch on the device and let it do the job. Steps by step functions –
- Contaminated air enters into the unit by natural air convection
- The microorganisms get eliminates inside at temperatures of close to 400 °F
- The sterilized air cools within the unit before being returning to the environment
- The purified air dissipates throughout the environment
Airfree Onix 3000 – Specifications
- Dimensions: Height 10.4 in. and Diameter 8.4 in.
- Weight: Only 3.3 lbs.
- Capacity: 650 sq. ft
- Voltage: 110-127V
- Electric Consumption: 52 Watts
- Warranty: 2 Years
Airfree Onix 3000 – Uses
Airfree Onix 3000 Air Sterilizer is ideal for people who –
- Want a machine that eliminates mold spores, fungi, bacteria and viruses in an office or home. Place this unit in a kitchen, family room, bedroom or basement.
- Want an air purifier that can destroy micro-organisms as well as reduce any kind of organic smells present in the air of a room.
- Willing to preserve documents, videotapes, computers, works of art and other valuables that can affect by mold, fungi, bacteria, and micro-organisms.
- Have allergies or asthma triggered by microorganisms or organic material.
- Wishes to offer a germ-free and clean environment in a child care or hospital.
- Require an air Sterilizer that needs no maintenance – no filters or replacement parts required.
Airfree Onix 3000 – Tips
- Place the unit on the floor but not on thick carpeting.
- Position this machine only in a vertical position away from curtains or blinds which may hinder airflow.
- Do not try to use it sideways, under furniture, or with its bottom air inlets and or outlets blocked, as this prevents air from flowing in and sterilized air to flow out.
- Always keep the air sterilizer button turned on.
- Suggested time for 70 – 90% microorganism reduction is 10 days. (Results may feel after 1 week use).
- Covers up to 650 sq. ft. the area with a ceiling height of 8 ft
- For the best results, always keep the sterilizer plugged in the same one room.
Airfree Onix 3000 – Customer Reviews
Airfree Air sterilizer Onix 3000 has received 3.8 out of 5 stars on Amazon. People opinion about this product is varied. Some people say it is a great product that works well and available at great price. It is must have a unit for every household. Whereas, some people say it is an expensive unit and is not durable. Read below what real users have to say about this product –
- Robert says it is truly the best air purifiers out there. His partner stopped ‘the sneezing routine’ just within a couple of days use.
- Douglas also feels it is the best purifier on the market. It kills everything. No filters to change are a bonus point.
- Ippie is very happy with this product. He have had two for over 5 years and now he have bought two more for the basement
- RF bought this machine to help his wife sleep better in the bedroom by reducing allergens, pet dander, etc. But it was of not much use. Its price does not match the quality.
- Hotaru says his machine is working but not helping after 5 months of use. It does not improve the air quality as much as the first few months. The watery eyes and running nose are back even while the machine still plug in for 24/7.
Airfree Onix 3000 – Conclusion
The Airfree Onix 3000 Air Sterilizer is a great option for you if looking for a product that destroys mold spores, fungi, bacteria, viruses, and neutralize allergens. This one of its kind unit in the market has a unique feature – it does not produce ozone but actually, help reduce the level of ozone in the air. Plus no maintenance, no annual replacement costs, less electricity usage, and 2 years warranty makes this an excellent value for money product.
« Buy Airpura Air Purifiers – Reviews, Filters Biocide Systems Room Shocker Instructions, Reviews »