Lucuma is a tree found in the South America. The powder taken from the fruits of this tree is highly nutritious and considered a super food. The fruit itself tastes like cashew nuts, is high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The Lucuma powder can be used for cooking and thus add more nutrition to the dishes.
The Lucuma powder from the Sunburst Superfoods carries no extra baggage in the preparation and provides the raw fruit powder. It keeps the nutrition locked inside the powder to help you add the needed extra nutrition in it.
Health benefits of Lucuma powder
It is abundant in nutrients with 14 essential trace elements that include the bigger names like calcium, phosphorous, sodium, and magnesium.
There also are the good amount of carbohydrates, fiber, protein, and low amount of fat. The vitamins and other minerals are also seen in the studies to make it a complete superfood. The beta-carotene serves as an anticancerous agent, iron benefits the blood health.
This powder contains enough carbohydrates that are low in glycemic index and a natural sweetener. It is safe to use for diabetic patients to help stabilize their blood sugar level. It manages to balance the energy levels as well.
It is rich in antioxidants to delay the aging process and in helping fight diseases. It is also a natural healer in repairing cells.
It contains a high amount of fiber that regulates the digestive tract. This powder helps in eliminating toxins from the body and regularizes the bowel movements. It is good for aging people in order to reinstate their digestive health.
With high fiber content, enough protein, and low glycemic index, Lucuma powder could very well be the key to weight management. It sure can enable positive circumstances for healthy weight loss and also prevent unnecessary weight gain.
The beta carotene in Lucuma powder gets converted into the useful vitamin A that encourages skin repair. It is helpful for improving the skin tone, reduce wrinkles and fine lines and also for the wound closure. It is also anti-inflammatory in nature. Beta carotene can heal the sun damaged skin as well and smoothen the skin texture. It helps protect the skin from the harmful UV rays.
Using Lucuma Powder
It can be used for making all sorts of food items. You blend it, shake it, bake it, cook it, and have it in any manner that you prefer. You may have as much powder as possible according to the portion size.
There are no side effects of using this powder. Except for some digestive tract disorders in the initial days, the product is as safe as drinking water.
Here are some easy recipes to make with Lucuma powder.
- Taste of Peru ice cream: Blend in half a cup of Lucuma powder, 1 cup of soaked cashew nuts, a piece of vanilla bean, vanilla extract/powder, coconut nectar, a pinch of salt and 1 cup of water in a food processor until it gets smooth. Freeze the blend to have the tasty Taste of Peru ice cream.
- Smoothie: Mix in 1 frozen banana, 1 tablespoon Lucuma powder, 1 medjool date, 1 tsp vanilla and cinnamon powder, half a cup of coconut milk or nut milk and some ice cubes together in a blender. Enjoy this drink with a dash of cinnamon powder over it.
- Overnight muesli: Add a teaspoon full of Lucuma powder into your overnight soaked museli. You can add anything to this as per your taste.
- Caramel sauce: A few tablespoons of any nectar of your choice and 1 tablespoon each of the Lucuma powder and mesquite make an instant caramel sauce. Add in some cashew nuts powdered or blend it together to make a creamier sauce.
- Nut butter: Add as much of Lucuma powder into your choice of nut butter either homemade or store bought to increase its nutrition.
Buying Lucuma powder
Lucuma powder is widely available online. It is available in smaller and larger packs. It comes in 4-ounce pack and as large as 10-pound bag. The other available sizes are half a pound, 1 pound, and 5 pounds bags.