Desert Farms Camel Milk is online that offers you products derived from Camel milk. From raw camel milk to pasteurized camel milk to camel milk soaps, there are many products of Desert Farms that has received excellent reviews from consumers for its holistic benefits. This is a complete review about Desert Farms Camel Milk and its various products.
About Desert Farms Raw Camel Milk
Raw milk is milk that has not been treated or pasteurized. It tastes just like cow’s milk but is slightly salty. However, the rich creamy taste is always refreshing.
The story of desert farm camel milk started when the founder sold camel milk at mosques and ethnic food festivals in California. This triggered an idea to promote camel milk in California and many other US States. After creating a bond with US camel herders, an Amish community, the founder brought Desert Farms and its products in the market.
Camel milk in the US is much more costly than cow’s milk given that there are 18,000 cows to every camel. Another thing to note is that camel milk cannot be produced regularly. This is because camel pregnancy can last up to 14 months while a cow’s pregnant till 9. Camel farming usually occurs in desert regions though recently it exists in Germany and The Netherlands as well. Currently, camel milk is available in many supermarkets in regions such as Saudi Arabia, Kenya, UAE, and Mauritania.
The company has its headquarters in Santa Monica, California with manufacturers (rather Amish herders all around the country) who offer you 100% all-natural camel milk all around the USA.
Desert farms offer you two options – raw and pasteurized camel milk. It is also available in a frozen formula.
Benefits of Camel Milk
There are numerous benefits of this gourmet camel milk. Raw camel milk is considered best since it offers you the best nutrition and powerful probiotics that are necessary to boost the immune system naturally. Camel milk is also 50% lower in fat and saturated fat than USDA cow’s milk. The camels are pasture-raised and 100% grass fed that ensures a clean slate for vegetarians. The milk is obtained from US camel farmers only with an average herd of 6 camels.
The company ensures that optimum hygienic quality is used in treating camel milk. Hence, all their products are free from additives, wheat or other grain, preservative, and hormones. Few of the benefits of this non-homogenized camel milk include
- Has a rich, creamy texture just like cow’s milk
- Contains high load of protein, potassium, phosphorus, vitamin B1, Vitamin E etc.
- Has low fat compared to cow milk
- Is lower in cholesterol than cow or goat milk
- Has high levels of GABA (an amino acid essential for proper function of central nervous system) and optimal brain function
- Contains antioxidants that could decrease the level of oxidative stress in the body
- No allergic reactions in children as compared to cow’s milk allergy (often seen in kids)
- Balance the insulin levels in the body thus curbing chances of type 1 diabetes
- Reduces chances of low bone density such as osteoporosis, arthritis etc.
- Can assist in weight loss since it contains low fat (which means low-calorie intake)
Furthermore, there are many clinical studies that claim that camel milk
- Might be used as an adjuvant therapy for treating type 1 diabetes
- Plays a crucial role in improvement of autistic behavior (as demonstrated by the improved Childhood Autism Rating Scale (CARS)
- Is considered a healthy alternative to cow’s milk that can trigger allergic reactions in children
For more info, check the References section below.
There are many scientific studies which reveal that camel milk has many anti-thrombotic, anti-platelet, and anti-malignant properties apart from fighting viral and bacterial issues.
A component called lactoferrin is available in camel milk that has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties to fight the virus and free radicals detrimental to the body.
Disadvantages of camel milk
- Contains casein (milk protein) that is poorly absorbed by the body. Though it is available in low amounts (as compared to cows), it can trigger milk intolerance.
- Lactose is broken down by the body into glucose and galactose. While glucose gets easily absorbed, galactose fails to get absorbed and settles in the body as fat and cellulite.
Desert Farms Camel Milk Nutrition Facts
Apart from vitamin E, zinc, and selenium, one cup of camel milk also contains nutrients such as:
- 10% DV of protein
- 11% DV of potassium
- 15% DV of phosphorus
- 30% DV of calcium
- 70% DV of vitamin B1
Desert Farms Camel Milk Side Effects
There are no side effects to the products of desert farms including the milk. It is a natural product that is derived from healthy camels in many parts of the US.
The only effect you will notice is positive benefits mentioned above.
Uses, Storage, and Care
Desert farms camel milk is available in 100% recyclable bottles thus reducing the carbon footprint on the earth. In fact, Desert Farms take great pride on its milk treated with the following:
- Grass fed
- No hormones
- Freshness intact
Camel milk is great for cooking. You can drink it straight away if you are a milk person or use it with your morning coffee. Include it in your recipes. In fact, it can be used exactly the same amounts as cow milk.
Carob Camel Milk Recipe
Carob powder is a healthy substitute for chocolate.
- 1 cup Desert Farms camel milk
- 2 tbsp carob powder
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
Mix camel milk, carob powder, and honey in a short glass. Enjoy!!!
You can also heat the beverage to warm and then add 3 dates as a bedtime snack.
Refrigerate camel milk below 40 degrees Fahrenheit before and after opening. You can store the milk up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or freeze it up to 6 months in the freezer. However, once defrosted or thawed, it is best to consume it within 3-5 days.
If you have ordered frozen raw milk, then the best way to thaw or defrost it is by placing it in the refrigerator overnight. Alternatively, you can place it in a bowl of warm water for a couple of hours. Once defrosted, you will notice that the fat is separated. It is absolutely normal. Simply shake and drink it up.
Desert Farms Camel Milk Reviews
Desert farms Camel milk has received excellent reviews from users. People claim that the product works just as claimed by the manufacturer. The taste is pretty good and users (who had allergic reactions to dairy products such as cow’s milk) found this product excellent and free from any negative reactions.
The only downside to the product is the expense.
Here are few of the testimonials.
- Elena V – “Amazing milk! It’s so easy to digest. The taste is sweet and very healthy.”
- Melanie – “Awesome product. My daughter is not allergic to it. I am so happy to find such a great company.”
- Leffingwell – “Raw milk is nature’s super food. We have been drinking it for thousands of years from cattle, goats, sheep, horses, and yes camels. Each animal has something special about its milk. How wonderful that a group of people made it available in this country. The milk as I expected is smooth and refreshing. It is expensive but the health benefits outweigh the cost. I can’t say enough about this product and its producers.”
- AD – “My son is allergic to dairy products. I am happy that he tolerated the camel milk well. I wish it wasn’t so expensive.”
Other products from Desert Farms
- Camel Milk Powder
- Pasteurized Camel Milk (also available in frozen)
- Raw Camel Milk Colostrum (First)
- Camel Milk Soaps
- Camel Milk Face Creams
Where to buy desert farms camel milk powder and products online?
Desert farms camel milk is available online on Amazon at best price.
Can camel milk benefit by increasing the height of a person?
Research has it that regular consumption of camel milk can help in increasing the height of adolescents. However, this particular brand has not undergone any clinical studies.
What is the facebook page of desert farms camel milk?
This is the official facebook page of desert farms camel milk – https://www.facebook.com/DesertFarms/
Is desert farms camel milk available in retail stores?
Yes, you can purchase desert farms camel milk from stores such as Walmart, Whole Foods, GNC etc. To locate a store near you, use the store locator page – https://desertfarms.com/apps/store-locator
How is the taste of desert farms camel milk?
The taste of the fresh camel milk is light, sweet, and has a fresh taste. Few say that it has a distinctive slightly salty taste but the texture is just like cow’s milk – smooth, creamy, and fulfilling which the whole family can enjoy.
Does desert farms camel milk offer free trial pack?
Yes, desert farms camel milk is available in a free trial pack of 4 (8oz) sachets. You only need to pay for the S&H charges.
Is desert farms camel milk soap available in unscented formula?
Yes. Order camel milk soap in an unscented formula that comes with a blend of essential oils such as coconut oil, palm oil, and much more. The benefits of camel milk for skin is myriad which includes exfoliation, soothes acne and breakouts, clears up the clogged pores and reveals a healthy glowing skin.
Does desert farms ship their products to Canada?
Yes, desert farms ships anywhere in the US and Canada.
Do you ship internationally?
No, products of desert farms are available for sale only in the US & Canada.
Are desert farms products available for Free shipping?
No. Irrespective of your location anywhere in the USA, you need to pay a small shipping fee. However, you can search for discount coupon codes through which you can become eligible for free shipping.
What is the contact info of desert farms, inc.?
You can contact desert farms at +1 (800) 430-7426 or email them at email@example.com.
Where is the office of Desert farms located?
The headquarters of desert farms is located at 2708 Wilshire Blvd Suite 380, Santa Monica, CA 90403.
What is the twitter handle of desert farms?
The official Desert farms twitter handle is @DesertFarmsMilk.
Is desert farms available in the UK?
Yes, desert farms products are available in the UK.
Desert Farms is a genuine website that offers quality camel milk and its products anywhere in the USA. Even people who are allergic to dairy products have benefited from camel milk and found it absolutely satisfying. We don’t see any reason why you cannot make camel milk part of your dietary regime.
Have tried Camel milk from Desert Farms? How’s the taste? Comment below and share your experience with us.